[Vim-vms] Using VMS Logicals

Freiborg, Eric W Eric.Freiborg at LABONE.com
Tue Jun 13 16:54:18 CEST 2006

I have a VMS logical defined that encompasses several directories as
shown below:

"XMIT_SRC" = "XMIT_ROOT:[SRC]" (LNM$PROCESS_TABLE)

           = "XMIT_ROOT:[SRC.CLIENT]"

           = "XMIT_ROOT:[SRC.FTP]"

           = "XMIT_ROOT:[SRC.PGP]"

           = "XMIT_ROOT:[SRC.GLOBAL]"

I use this logical to edit files to save typing and so I don't have to
remember exactly where a file is located.  If I open a file with vim and
that file is not in the first mapped directory, when I save it, the file
gets saved into the first mapped directory.  If I use this logical with
the standard VMS TPU or LSE editor, the file gets saved in the correct
directory.  Is there a current setting that will correct this or if not,
could this be added to the things-to-add list.

For example: "vi xmit_src:ftp.c" which is in xmit_root:[src.ftp] will be
saved in xmit_root:[src] and not [.ftp]

Thanks for your effort in bringing this editor into the VMS world.

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at the following email address: securityincidentreporting at labone.com