[Vim-vms] VIM 7 on VMS 7.2-1 Alpha

Zoltan Arpadffy zoli at polarhome.com
Fri May 12 01:03:05 CEST 2006

Roger,

... the whole I/O has been rewritten since 4.5 and that may cause problems.

Current I/O has been tested successfully through VT terminal consoles, xterm
and other Unix telnet clients as well as with PuTTY Windows terminal
emulator and it worked perfect. Even syntax highlighting works without any
problem.

My wild guess it that your terminal is in mismatch with terminal
capabilities.

Try to issue: $set term/inq

Also you may want to try Vim 7.0 behaviour at:

gate.polarhome.com port 702 (username: guest  password: guest) (VAX system
term and Motif)
gate.polarhome.com port 762 (username: guest  password: guest) (Alpha system
term, Motif and GTK)

Regards,